Introduction and a burning question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

justinphilie

Hello all,
It is a pleasure to be a part of this group. I am new to woodturning and will have many elementary questions to ask you all soon. However, right now I am seeking the advice of one Lee Thomas aka Firefyter-EMT. He has a beautifully restored Delta 930 lathe. I have an even older Delta Specialty Co. Double Duty Lathe which I am in the process of restoring and I have some questions. If any of you know Lee I would really appreciate help getting in touch w/him. Alternatively, if anyone else has a Double Duty lathe or knows about their composition I would greatly enjoy any input. Thank you all I look forward to learning from and sharing with you all!
-Justin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

broitblat

Justin,

The forum has a private message feature that you can use to contact Lee. Click on his member name in the "Member List" and then choose the "Contact Info" tab.

-Barry

mrcook4570

Welcome Justin. If you click Members List at the top of the page, then Search for Members on the right side, you can find anyone on this forum and PM that person.

justinphilie

Lathe Headstock

Thank you all for the greetings. Lee, wondering if there is any danger to me taking the spindle out of the headstock in regard to the bearings. Are there any shims that were factory set or anything that could jeopardize reusing the original bearings? By the way, your 950 is an inspiration!

Top Bottom