Introduction

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

saybrook

Hello from Canton Ohio. I am a brand new member and am also new at pen turning. I am enjoying it, and was surprised to see how involved one can get! My son Jeff is also a member of IAP, and has been encouraging me in my new hobby. He has been teaching me the CA finish technique - I was not having much luck with it at first, but with his constant encouragement, I have finally achieved an acceptable finish on my practice pieces! I look forward to using the info on this site, which I can already see is very good - and interesting.

tim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tanner

Welcome Tim, we use to live in Boardman,OH for 3 years. Took my son to Canton to the Football Hall of Fame several times. You're lucky to live there. Canton is beautiful. Welcome to the group.

jhs494

Welcome Tim! Nice to have another Ohio member. Be sure and post picture of those first pens in the SOYP section. Perhaps you can prod Jeff into sharing some of his pictures as well.

Be sure and have Jeff share some of his special stash of wood, he sent me some awesome stuff in the twisted swap we had.

Glad you joined!

wickford

Hey Joe,

Pictures are coming...Honest!! I've finally been able to take some ones that are at least decent..Not great by any stretch, but they should look okay. Planning on getting them up hopefully in the next day or so...

By the way, those Delrin bushings are GREAT!! I've also started on a cigar pen with that hollister oak you sent in the twisted swap, so I'm real excited to see how that turns out as that wood is really cool...!!

hughbie

welcome tim......
to help, search and download a program called "Irfanview" it's frew and simple to use.....i was told to use this from someone else on this site and it's a breeze to resize with!

again, welcome

Top Bottom