Introducing myself from MN

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alankulwicki7

Hey all,
Even though I joined a few years ago, I've mostly been a lurker here. I've been turning for about 4 years and have done bowls, stoppers and pens. I don't get a lot of shop time so I still consider myself a relative newby when it comes to turning.
I've made about 30 pens (and like everything else I've made) I've either donated them or giving them as gifts. Even though the pens I've made have been simple, they all have been received well.
I'm hoping to start taking my pens to the next level and I think the IAP can help me do that!

Currently I'm a stay-at-home dad and part-time fire fighter. I took my 11 yr old daughter to the AAW symposium last summer and she took a few of the youth classes offered. She ended up winning a lathe so I hope she can enjoy turning as much as I do!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alankulwicki7

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

I posted a pen/pencil set I just finished over on SYOP. It's being donated to an auction/fundraiser for my kids' school next month. Check it out!

ctubbs

Welcome back out of the closet Doug, from far west Kentucky, to the addiction, sometimes referred to as the vortex. You mention that you have read some of the site, be sure to give the library a good bit of time. The link is at the top of the page. You will find an article called Library Index. This covers tutorials on about anything pen making you can think of. You will also notice that there are articles listed by year. Much good info there as well. When these fail to answer your questions, by all means post it here. I have never seen one go unanswered very long. You might also want to give this thread a good look. It has some very good info for the beginning pen turner; http://content.penturners.org/library/general_reference/Getting_started_in_pen_turning.pdf. Grab some wood, make some shavings and have fun all the while being safe.
Have a look at the series of videos ed4copies has just posted showing how to complete a pen from drill to finish.

Charles

Top Bottom