Intro: it only took me 3 years!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

theshooter

Howdy folks - man, writing these intros is tough stuff - it's taken me 3 years since signing up to the IAP site to craft just the right introduction message.

Well, actually, it's taken me that long to get my lathe setup in my shop, which technically is not really "set up" yet.

About Me: I live in Northern California and I am an IT Disaster Recovery manager - been doing that for about 13 years now, prior to that I managed some IT teams and before THAT I was in the US Navy as an Avionics Technician/In-flight technician.

Been woodworking since 7th grade (40 years, sporadically, but fairly consistent), my first shop teacher was Mr. Klausen.

So, there you go, now you know, a little...

More you say? OK...

My lathe is a vintage Craftsman lathe, model 101.06260 (10" x 36"). Kinda big for pen-turning, but it's what I have, so I will make it work.

I'm building the bench for it now and already have a 3/4HP motor awaiting the joy of spinning and spinning and spinning.

Soon as I get the bench built I will put up a few pictures of it and a few more with the lathe mounted and ready to go.

I'll say so long for now and hope to be on here a bit more often than every 3 years. ;-)

May your shop be filled with shavings and sawdust,
Jim "TheShooter"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Welcome to the forum. Better late than never, they say.
I had a puzzle that said 2 to 5 years but I put it together in a week!

OZturner

Welcome Jim, from Sydney Australia.
Thank you for your Service.
It is very Pleasing to see that you haven't rushed into this Turning Scene. :redface:
I hope I'll get to see some of your Pens, before I leave this Mortal Coil. :rolleyes:
I'll look forward to it. :biggrin:
Regards,
Brian.

Top Bottom