Intro of Me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizz

Banned
Hey, Let me first say I'm glad to be here and catch all the information on this site! I use to turn all the time nearly 30 years ago. Just recently have I purchased a mini lathe (Rikon). In the last 2 weeks before Christmas I've made over 20 pens. All Christmas presents.

I'm now getting the itch to experiment and explore new idea's outside of the basic kit and this looks like the place to be.

Jon

My first pen: Atlas pen done in Ambrosia Maple

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/818/atlasambrosia1stpenbkm0.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Paul in OKC

Welcome Jon. Been through Xenia once or twice, probably on the way to King's Island! (Used to live in the big Enon) Did you live there way back when the big tornado went through?

Grizz

Banned
Originally posted by Paul in OKC
<br />Welcome Jon. Been through Xenia once or twice, probably on the way to King's Island! (Used to live in the big Enon) Did you live there way back when the big tornado went through?

Not the first big tornado but the last couple medium tornado's. In fact we live in a brand new housing area where... the big tornado had gone through. Lightning doesn't strike twice... err right?

RonInSpringTX

2007122993228_koa%20keychain03.jpg
<br />Hi & welcome Jon/Grizz, welcome to the site!! very nice pen!! Good choice on the Atlas/Polaris style, very nice for the ladies!! (guys too!) where'd you get the blank from?? Reminded me of the Tamarind Spalted I got from PSI, got a 2x5x5 block from them, made some bottle stoppers, turned out great!! Anyway, welcome to the club. I'm sending a pic of an Atlas/Polaris pic I made as a gift for my sis-n-law. She loved it!!!Well, I couldn't find the pic, dadgumit!! I found a different pic similar plus a pic of the key chain, with the beautiful irredescint swirl. It's made of hawaaian Koa. his name is Chris & he is a member here,just can't remember his member name on here.

2007122991450_koa%20polaris02.jpg
<br />

karlkuehn

Banned
Hi and a big welcome to you! This site has changed my whole aspect on turning, and after browsing and joining many of the forums out there, this one has become my second home. There's so much knowledge in the archives, it's just amazing, even for a seasoned vet!

I think the secret is that there's enough of us wackos out here posting crazy ideas and alternative methods (most of the time based on innovation due to lack of resources or tools) that you're bound to find something that you'd never have thought of even on a good (or bad) day! I know I have!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom