Im new to this

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Silky

Hi, im new to this, just joined today, I enjoy woodturning, but especially pen making, ive two small lathes, both axminster, I live near Doncaster South Yorkshire UK, Im a retired lorry driver, can anyone tell me the best place to buy pen kits in bulk (100 or so at a time), Ive been looking on the internet at Chinese companies, there seems to be plenty of them, but not sure who's the best people to deal with,all help most welcomed. Many thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Silky

Hi, many thanks for the fast reply, Im looking at buying "budget", kits, Ive started selling a few pens on Ebay and im not looking to make a big profit, I mainly do slim-line and sierra pens, I just enjoy making them, as long as I cover my costs im more than happy, thanks

wood-of-1kind

Hi, many thanks for the fast reply, Im looking at buying "budget", kits, Ive started selling a few pens on Ebay and im not looking to make a big profit, I mainly do slim-line and sierra pens, I just enjoy making them, as long as I cover my costs im more than happy, thanks

They are very affordable but you may compromise on "plating quality".

PenkitsMall.com

magpens

Welcome to IAP, Brian !!!!!

I would not rush into buying large quantities of kits from a single source.
I don't know anybody on IAP who does that.

Start with a few (of a style you think you will like) from one seller, and then move on to the next. . In time you will discover what you really like. . It is a very personal choice.

Personally, I would advise you to place your orders with the small companies that have a presence on this IAP website ... listed under Vendors section.

If you want to send me a PM, I will be happy to enlarge on my experiences and opinions.

liljohn1368

Welcome from Mississippi. I agree with Mal. Find a few that you think that you and get them. Next time maybe try a few more different ones.

Herb G

Welcome from the Capital of the free world. (Well, kinda. I live to the right of Washington, DC.)
We were all new to this at one time. I still am. :tongue:

OZturner

Welcome Brian, from Sydney Australia.
I concur with earlier posts, Not to purchase a large quantity of any one Pen, buy a few different Pens.
Try as many as you can, there are a lot out there, then hone in on what you and your Customers Like and that you enjoy to make.
Brian.

nativewooder

Silky, at one time we were all "new to this". Some of us were lucky enough to have parents who required us to do our schoolwork and learn to read and, eventually, to think. And that is what you must do in order to make progress on your road to improvement. On this site, in the library, on the forums, with the vendors, using the links, you will encounter very wise turners of many years of experience. Use these years of experience and learn, or shrivel like a leaf in the Fall. To use what you learn here can give you another life, like you have never known! God Bless! and GO DOLPHINS!

Top Bottom