I'm in!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parker

:D Hey everyone! Had a good friend in the turning world tell me about this place a couple months ago! I've been reading up, and decided to join in and talk last night. Little did I know that I'd not be able to post til the next day!

I'm from the Kansas City area, and one of the first things I'll be seeking out is someone that can show me one of those pressure pots in person! I'm really interested in making my own PR blanks!

I've turned quite a bit of wood in the last few years, and a little bit of some other materials.

I have not ever turned a pen, and I hope that's okay! It looks like there's TONS of information for me to learn from here about making game calls (which is my passion).

What else......I LOVE dymondwood! I turn it a LOT! My favorite wood to put a chisel and sandpaper to is cherry, because it turns like butter for me.

My lil' hobby is called VECtor Custom Calls and I go by both Parker and Vector different places on the web.

Happy turning everyone! I'm looking forward to hanging out and learning from the casting, sanding and finishig pros!

Parker

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Parker

Here's a couple examples of some of my work.

Thanks for looking!

Parker

A bunch of turkey call strikers from last winter:
138strikers_for_classic_2007_all_sm.jpg

A couple walnut deer grunters I made in October:
138MizzouAg_Grunters_walnut.jpg

fernhills

Hi, welcome,you`ll get all your questions answered here,thats fer sure..Calls Hmmm,i have been wanting to do that for the last year and haven`t step up to the plate and odered a kit yet,so will be talkin to ya,,Carl OOpps didn`t see your pics,very nice work..

Parker

Thanks for the warm welcome Carl. If you're wanting to try 1's and 2's of different kinds of calls, I can sure help you out. I buy call parts in bulk, so I can shoot you a price a few bucks cheaper than HUT and the likes on parts. Just keep me in mind if you're interested in the future and I'll do my best to help you out, or at least point you in the right direction.

Can I post a link to my website that shows some of my work? I don't sell anything there. I didn't know if that's "legal beagle" or not.

Parker

Parker

Originally posted by fernhills
<br />Your link is already here,checked your site out,real cool. Carl

Oh, I see now! Well then......I invite everyone to take a look at my homepage so you can see the kinds of things I work on! My friend Randy is kind enough to let me host those photos on his site so I can refer folks to it when they ask what I make in my shop. [:)]

Parker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom