How's it goin!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

watch_art

Hey everybody,

Wondered over from FPN to see all the custom/kit pens and I'm loving it. I do a lot of drawing with fountain pens, and some block carving as well (see my signature).

Maybe one day I'll turn my own pen. :biggrin:

Cheers!
Shawn

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

It's fairly easy to be honest with you! Not sure why everyone doesn't own a lathe to make Pens with. Welcome and feel free to look around and ask questions.

ctubbs

Welcome Shawn, from far west Kentucky, to the addiction, sometimes referred to as the vortex. Be sure to give the library a good bit of time. The link is at the top of the page. You will find an article called Library Index. This covers tutorials on about anything pen making you can think of. You will also notice that there are articles listed by year. Much good info there as well. When these fail to answer your questions, by all means post it here. I have never seen one go unanswered very long. You might also want to give this thread a good look. It has some very good info for the beginning pen turner; http://content.penturners.org/library/general_reference/Getting_started_in_pen_turning.pdf. Grab some wood, make some shavings and have fun all the while being safe.
Charles

watch_art

Thanks everybody!
I've been eyeing the mini drill lathe...

But my dad has an old wood lathe from the 50s or so that he got from his dad. That would mean zero initial investment. I have no idea if it's any good though...

Haynie

Hello.

Check your dad's lathe before investing money. If it works run with it. More money for kits and pretty blanks. Pen turning is not hard to learn, mastering it though is a PIA.

Top Bottom