Howdy from Texas, y'all

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

StanBrown

I did a little pen turning many years ago, then life got in the way. Now I'm back and tickled pink to find this group. I've been reading some of the forum posts and I am especially happy to see the variety of methods, ideas and experiences represented here. Seems like everything from A to Z is here if you look for it. It's really great to see how you help each other with ideas and suggestions. I will be dipping into that pool for sure. I need all the help I can get.

Besides turning pens, I do other woodworking, some photography and ride my motorcycle (just recently got back from a 5,000+ mile trip around the western US). I am retired but I am so busy I really don't know how I ever had time to work.

I probably won't post much here but I sure will read a lot. Glad to make everyone's acquaintance and hope to get to know all of you a lot better.

Stan Brown

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

Welcome Stan! I had to turn the lights in the room on because I started typing one key over. Yep, I don't know how I found time to work. Busy all the time and never enough to do everything.

MDWine

Welcome aboard.
There is no place like this place near this place... this MUST be THE place!
The key here is to participate! Ask questions when you have'm, answer questions when you can, and make friends!

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Stan. Pen turning has changed some over the years and I think you will enjoy some of the newer things, as well as being able to make pens like they used to be made.

I have been here for a while but as you said, life (work) does get in the way every 3 - 4 years for a couple of years, but I manage to get back and WOW, the changes and advances of being away just a couple of years astound me.

Again, welcome and turn a few pens!

its_virgil

Welcome from Wichita Falls. We look forward to seeing some of your work. There is a place to post your non-pen things you make. Look for the "other things you make" forum. Also, check out the library. Your will find lots of interesting articles.

You are quite lucky to have two excellent woodturning clubs in your area.

Lone Star Woodturners Association (LSWA)
Membership Application Form
P.O. Box: 9275 Spring, Texas 77387
Lone Star Woodturners Association, Inc.
This group meets at the Woodcraft at 1960 & I45 N.

Gulf Coast Woodturners Association or GCWA
Meets at the Trini Mendenhall community center
http://www.gulfcoastwoodturners.org/...munity-center/

club website: GCWA – Meeting the needs of woodturners in the Texas Gulf Coast area

Check out both clubs. Join both clubs. Woodturning clubs are an excellent way to learn, fellowship and network.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

]

its_virgil

Welcome from Wichita Falls. We look forward to seeing some of your work. There is a place to post your non-pen things you make. Look for the "other things you make" forum. Also, check out the library. Your will find lots of interesting articles.

You are quite lucky to have two excellent woodturning clubs in your area.

Lone Star Woodturners Association (LSWA)
Membership Application Form
P.O. Box: 9275 Spring, Texas 77387
Lone Star Woodturners Association, Inc.
This group meets at the Woodcraft at 1960 & I45 N.

Gulf Coast Woodturners Association or GCWA
Meets at the Trini Mendenhall community center
http://www.gulfcoastwoodturners.org/...munity-center/

club website: GCWA – Meeting the needs of woodturners in the Texas Gulf Coast area

Check out both clubs. Join both clubs. Woodturning clubs are an excellent way to learn, fellowship and network.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Last edited:
Top Bottom