Howdy from Texas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Phunky_2003

Hello all I am from Bonham a small town in north Texas. I haven't been turning for long and dont know much about it. I have completed about 10 pens so far and will include pics in album. I have been into woodworking of other sorts for quite awhile. Hopefully I will learn quite a bit being here.

Thanks for letting me join.

James

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TomW

Hi James, I'm Tom from another small town in North Texas....aint the weather this am GREAT!

Tom

Rollerbob

Welcome from one of thousands of Texas turners!! You don't know what a small town is....my town's zip code is '7'.:rolleyes:

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome James. From your photos, it looks like you are off to a great start!

I am including a link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not in detail but a good overview for pen turning. Hope it helps and I hope you don't get discouraged from all of the "tools" mentioned. :eek:

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Also included below is a link to a new post that gives some information that people wished they had known earlier in pen turning. Some good information by those that make pens.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

its_virgil

Welcome from Wichita Falls. We Texans are growing in number around here.:biggrin:
We look forward to what you can add to the knowledge base.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

RonInSpringTX

Welcome Phunky James, from Spring, TX ... would like to see your stuff. Only been turning about 4 yrs, learned alot from this forum. Hope you learn something, I am still.

Ronnie, Spring, TX

RonInSpringTX

Welcome Phunky James, from Spring, TX ... would like to see your stuff. Only been turning about 4 yrs, learned alot from this forum. Hope you learn something, I am still.

Ronnie, Spring, TX

RonInSpringTX

to the editors/programmers...... why do I have to sign in again for 3 times just to post a message?? I was trying to apologize for double posting................and I had to log in again!!!!!

PenPal

Hi James

Welcome from getting winter quickly down under over here.

When i came to here the nations Capital population was 10000 now about 390000, still as a country town to me.

Enjoy your turning and share often.

Regards Peter.

Top Bottom