Howdy from North Texas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MillerThyme

Allen, to be precise, which is a suburb of Plano, which is a suburb of Dallas.

I have been turning since February 2016. Well, I actually did my first turning over 50 years ago in middle school, then took a hiatus until recently. I'm trying to make up for lost time.

My turning teacher and mentor is John Horn of Fort Worth. I attended SWAT this past summer and learned a lot. I am a member of Dallas Area Woodturners and the American Association of Woodturners.

I have made a few dozen pens and sold some of them on my Etsy store. I also have a gallery of most of the stuff I have made, turning as well as flatwork.

My shop includes a Jet 1221VS. It is a nice little lathe. I can make pens and a few other things with it, but not behemoths. I'm quite happy with it.

I am mostly interested in wood. I like the natural feel and look of wood. I particularly like FOG wood (found on ground), or what I call "deadfall". I think Deadfall and Cuttings sounds like a great movie title. :)

Teach me!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Studio-N

Hello Mike. Welcome. I was the founder of the Dallas Area Woodturners. I don't get a chance to do too much these days. I am more into CNC work these days and do both metal pens and a 3D pen which is the opposite of the inlay pens as the figures stick out from the body.
I still make it to the DAW a few times a year so hope to see you there.
-nick

Attachments

• NDBDMjBGNDcyNERCODRFODMyREE6NWE5ZTEwMDVmMjQwNDU5YjYyMjBkZjg5ZWI3MWVlZDE6Ojo6OjA=.jpg
    NDBDMjBGNDcyNERCODRFODMyREE6NWE5ZTEwMDVmMjQwNDU5YjYyMjBkZjg5ZWI3MWVlZDE6Ojo6OjA=.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 77

skybiker

Howdy from Plano!

I'm fairly new also and took classes with John Horn. I'm mostly turning pens right now but looking to do some bowls here shortly.

We need to get a North Dallas meetup here soon!

Dave

Top Bottom