Howdy from Houston, Texas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kd5nay

I just started turning about 4 months ago and got sucked into the world of penturning about a month ago. Looking forward to soaking up the wealth of knowledge present on this forum!

Andy

TomW

What part of Houston are you from Andy? Depending on where, it's between 3 and 5 hours from me!

Tom

Kd5nay

I'm actually in a small town named Rosenberg. It's about 5 miles southwest of Houston but it's much easier on an international forum to say Houston. I used to work in your area. Nevada, flower mound, plano, etc...

renowb

Welcome Andrew from Spring, TX..I grew up in Rosenberg. Went to Lamar Cons High wayyy back in 69.

I'm actually in a small town named Rosenberg. It's about 5 miles southwest of Houston but it's much easier on an international forum to say Houston. I used to work in your area. Nevada, flower mound, plano, etc...

Kd5nay

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Wow! Small world renowb. I graduated from Lamar in 99. My wife and I are actually thinking about packing up and moving to spring. Rosenberg has ....ummm....changed.

The Penguin

Kd5nay said:
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Wow! Small world renowb. I graduated from Lamar in 99. My wife and I are actually thinking about packing up and moving to spring. Rosenberg has ....ummm....changed.

Careful. Many parts of Spring have changed as well...and not did the better.

Try The Woodlands. :biggrin:

And welcome from west Houston.

Kd5nay

penguin, thats kinda what i mean when i say spring. More woodlands than spring. I want to try and get in on the exxon boom happening there.

TomW

Well, I was born in Sugarland, so I no about the "formerly small" towns...

Kd5nay

tom, i bet you wouldnt recognize it today. Sugar Land and Rosenberg are pretty much the same city now. They used to be miles apart.

renowb

Oh has it changed! Not like it used to be, if you know what I mean.....

renowb

I live in Spring but across from the Woodlands, in Imperial Oaks, cheaper taxes and maintenance fees. The Exxon deal is massive.

WildThings

Welcome Andy from the east side of town - Dayton. Spent many a Saturday night at the KoC Hall in Needville dancing to the Barons way back in the late 70's

Barry

Kd5nay

WildThings said:
Welcome Andy from the east side of town - Dayton. Spent many a Saturday night at the KoC Hall in Needville dancing to the Barons way back in the late 70's

Barry

Thanks! My sister and her family live in needville not far from there

renowb

Did you ever go to East Bernard and see Jeff & The Kickers, BJ Thomas and the Triumps,....

Barry

Kd5nay

renowb said:
Did you ever go to East Bernard and see Jeff & The Kickers, BJ Thomas and the Triumps,....

I don't think there were any Triumphs or bj Thomas there when I was in high school. I did sit in a desk one year that had bj Thomas carved in it. Not sure if it was 'authentic' but still neat. I also worked with don drachenburg of the triumphs. He owned a photography store here in Rosenberg for many years. They actually just got back together for a reunion

renowb

Yes, I used to go to the Photo store in Rosenberg! Don would be in there.
We just had a high school reunion at the FT Bend Fairgrounds. I didn't make it, but I heard B.J was there.

renowb said:

I don't think there were any Triumphs or bj Thomas there when I was in high school. I did sit in a desk one year that had bj Thomas carved in it. Not sure if it was 'authentic' but still neat. I also worked with don drachenburg of the triumphs. He owned a photography store here in Rosenberg for many years. They actually just got back together for a reunion

Top Bottom