Howdy from Central Texas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tall Tines

New guy from New Braunfels, TX (just north of San Antonio) and looking forward to jumping in here. I'm a longtime wood worker, but brand new to turning anything. I've ordered my first wood lathe and a plethora of accessories to start turning pens. I really can't wait!

Most of my past wood-working experience has been building traditional style bows (longbows/recurves), and many pieces of furniture, doll houses (2 daughters), and various other projects. I also do a lot of leather work...holsters, ammo carriers, quivers, arm guards, bracelets, etc.

Randy

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Welcome from Sachse Tx. New Braunfels is a neat city. Been there several times. I'm impressed with your bow skills. I shot a recurve for several years. A friend built a few and it saw all the time and work that went into them. I built my own arrows but never wanted to try making the bows.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome! Your woodworking background will help getting up to speed fast in making pens! There are some differences, but nothing a long time woodworker can't handle!

flyitfast

Welcome. Keep in mind that I may be hosting a central Texas chapter meeting at my shop in February.

This sounds interesting. Belton isn't too far at all. Can you give me an idea of what goes on at these meetings? Is it like a class or just a social time, etc?[/QUOT

-----------

Randy, I went to Rick's get together last year and we had a great time. We had a few pen related demos, shared a lot of stories, and really learned a lot about the tips and hints from each other. Rick has a great shop for a meeting.

Rick and his wife fed us a great lunch and the best chocolate cake I've every had.

Several of us from San Antonio went up to Belton. Thanks to Rick for offering his place to continue the Central Texas meeting.

Gordon

Top Bottom