Howdy from Australia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenAffair

Hi All,

Just a quick hello. I'm afraid I'll be lurking a bit. I'm a newbie pen turner from sunny Queensland, Australia. Only just got my Lathe yesterday, so I've got some practice to do before getting into the pens.

Just thought I should say Hi, in case I jump in suddenly with a bunch of questions, and everyone says "Who's this Bozo??" :wink:

Russell.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrc

Good luck with your soon to be addiction. I started out by buying 100 extra 7mm pen tubes and jumped in feet first and started turning. After turning all 50 sets and getting everything figured out. The turnings after that I sold.

PenAffair

How do you do! Glad to have you join the Forum? You got any great Australian woods on your property that you need to get rid of? :wink:

Thanks All.

I wish. We moved from the city to the country, on 8 acres of grass - not a tree in sight :( Lots around on other people's properties, but I don't think they'd appreciate me chopping their trees down :)

We're planting new trees as fast as we can, so ask me again in 10 years & I might have something useable.

Russell.

PenPal

Russell

Welcome from the Capital City of Australia.
Trust you can handle the addiction.
Check around Australia near where you live and seek out a Woodturning Group, there are several Queenslanders I know on this forum who could be a great source of info when looking for timber and supplies.

All the best. Peter.

shull

Welcome Russel,
I know that you are in good hands here. I recently traveled down under with my loml on holiday. Met many wonderful folks in Queensland and saw some fantastic turnings from stunning woods.

I agree with the advice given, find and join a group nearby and dont be afraid to jump in, the water is great.

PenAffair

Thanks all for the Hello's.

Finding a wood group close by is on the To-Do list, just at the bottom with a million other things :) the guy in Toowoomba said to stop by, but hopefully I'll find one a little closer.

Russell.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Hey, Russell .. saw your pens in the 'other place' .. looking good!
I still don't understand how you throw them and they come back to you, though.. :tongue:

Top Bottom