Hi from Washington

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ShielaMarie

Hi,
I live in Prosser, WA. I am very new to woodturning. I have never used a lathe in my life. However, pen turning was pointed out to me and I decided to check it out. Well, now, I feel I am obsessed by it. I feel I see pen blanks every where. Well, you know what I mean. I have bought two books to learn about it. In particular the tools. And, learning the language. I know I will have a number of questions that I will want to put to you all about tools to buy. Anyway, nice to meet you all. I look forward to seeing your work and "listening" to what you have to share. And, if I do this right, maybe one day I will have something to contribute as well. Thanks bunches.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyitfast

Shiela, welcome to IAP.
Sounds like you are raring to go.
Check out the Library here on IAP - there is a wealth of information to help you along your journey.
Also, watch a few videos on YouTube. There are some great Penturners out there that are happy to share their skills. Also, look at the videos on Exotic blanks website. The presenter is a well known pen turner and educator. Exoticblanks.com
Gordon

howsitwork

Welcome. Its addictive but always remember.

The only judge that counts is you! If you like it and use it then you've won.

Ian

liljohn1368

Welcome from Mississippi, Sheila. This is a great place to lean about pen turning. Personally I turn more turkey & duck calls. But I do a pen on a regular basis. If you have a question. Feel free to ask. No matter what the question. Somebody on here will have the answer.

Enjoy

Top Bottom