Hi from Wakefield, West Yorkshire.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TheTurn

Hi all, started pen turning in November last year, after I saw an instructable on how to make a pen from paper The paper pen
Got a lathe for my 50th last November and have made about 150 pens so far.
really enjoying this life controlling hobby :S and have no real plans to slow down making them. Sell most of what I make cheap, to fund more kits. Added a 500mW laser, and now engrave them to order.
Absolutely love turning things, and amongst the unusual as an experiment, I made a blank out of peppers, garlic and rock salt, bound with C.A. (I shall not be having any kind of salt in any other creation! What was I thinking?!) https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1655849961358536.1073741835.1650418075235058&type=3 Made a fantastic pen. (At least I think it was!) Don't know if that last link will work. Also got a hand vacuum pump, after figuring how to remove voids, then saw loads of Youtube vids on the same subject. All good fun. Anyhoo - I've prattled on long enough. Wood is waiting to be turned!!

B.T.W The nickname comes from the fact I am a singer (In U.K parlance 'a Turn') not an egomaniac pen turner!.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi Mark, welcome to the IAP from North Wales. :biggrin:
Since the floods, I've been working at a substation in Kirkstall a few miles north of you. It was 6 foot under and there is a sewage farm next door that flowed through..........wonderfull:frown:

Hawkdave

G'Day Mark and welcome to IAP.

I like the paper pen you have turned. Well done!!

The last link you mention might not work, well, it works ok.

I know the reason you are not going to put salt in anymore pens, it gives them a lousy taste when you suck the pen.:biggrin:

Dave.

PR_Princess

Welcome from Wisconsin, Mark!! Sounds like you have been bitten by the bug but good! :)

And what a cool and creative pepper pen!! But LOL, I'm sorry, I did have to laugh when I saw your comment about the salt. I would encourage you to give it a go again, just use something other than CA.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas, Mark.

I hope you will join in on some of the activities & contests in the upcoming BASH celebration - I think you will particularly enjoy the blank making contests.:)
Let me know if you have any questions.

Edgar

TheTurn

Flooding

Hi Mark, welcome to the IAP from North Wales. :biggrin:
Since the floods, I've been working at a substation in Kirkstall a few miles north of you. It was 6 foot under and there is a sewage farm next door that flowed through..........wonderfull:frown:

Very sorry to hear about the floods - I was meant to be singing N.Y.E in Baildon Wood Bottom, Shipley, but that was under water too. Hope the damage is repaired soon, all the best.

Top Bottom