Hi from the UK

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Shrek

Hi,

my names Pete and I'm from the North East of England. I have been turning for about 3 years and i make pens from acrylic, timber and trustone.
I have been a member for some time, but sadly just lurked.
I am hoping to improve to make pens from scratch just using the minimum of components, not really describing this well, what i mean is to move on from solely using kits.
It might take a while though as there is some real talent on this forum.
I found woodturning after being injured in my job, i worked for the government. I have become almost obsessively involved in turning as a kind of therapy, as i lose myself in the shed etc.
I also make bowls, vases etc and am currently trying to develop ways in which to produce forms that look ancient and have been buried etc, but its a long road.
Anyway, that's me, and what a large informative site and forum. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of good people in turning who will always help/share with techniques etc that is sadly missing in other crafts/professions.
The other more important person in my life, is my long suffering wife Lorna who is as i describe it, my last line of defence, when it comes to a sort of quality control and critique, and i value her opinion greatly.
I do sell some pens and other turnings with varying success, basically because everyone i know has a pen and a bowl or vase, and he really like his pen !!
Seriously, it will hopefully eventually pay for tools, materials etc and i donate a good percentage each year to 4 different charities which i like doing.

Regards

Pete

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kretzky

welcome Pete! Lots of talented folks on here, all willing to chip in with help & advice.
Where in the NE are you? I'm originally from Stockton.

Top Bottom