Hi from TN.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Larryd

Greetings from Humboldt, Tn. I live in Tn. but I was born, raise and retired in Kentucky (I still bleed Kentucky blue). As a lot of you did, I started turning in high school. When I started there were no bowl gouges or pen presses. I taught high school Industrial Arts for three years. Went into supervision, and that was the end of my turning until a medical retirement gave me time to begin again. I bought a lathe, a few tools and fell into the turning "black hole".

I apperciate the opportunity to be a part of IAP and to learn from the professionals. Since I have to turn setting down, pen "creating" is a natural. I sell a few and give away more. I am constantly looking for new tools to use and material to make a pen from. Thanks for the chance to talk about pens and meet new friends. If anyone is between Memphis and Nashville, give me a shout and maybe we can get together.

Hello again,
Larry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rej19

Larry, Glad to be the first to welcome you. You will find a great bunch of guys and gals here. Tons of information and hints.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Welcome, Larry. The only turning I did in high school was turning around to check out the girls. :glasses-cool:

Still, I enjoy the real turning nowdays.

Looking forward to seeing your work.

el_d

Hi Larry,
My dad is an Industrial Arts teacher in a middle school. He says some of the kids now adays dont want to get dirty with sawdust??? Got the wood bug from him and my grandfathers, Its genetic.

If you come up with some new material to turn let us know......

RichB

Larry welcome from Michigan. My son lived in Selmer for a while so we got to see some of TN. You will really enjoy this Forum. Everybody is very helpfull.

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
GREETINGS FROM TN

Sir I live in Unionville Tn. and would be happy for you to come here and turn some at my shop. Heated and a/c. so the elements are no problem. I have some hard to get wood that some of my friens have given me and would be happy to exchange a few.look foward to meeting you, David.

Munsterlander

Welcome Larry - I'm only a year into the addiction, but I quickly found the friendly folks on this forum are a fantastic resource. Hang around there in Tennessee long enough and surely some of that orange will rub off on you... ;) (UT class of '84)

Top Bottom