Hi From Taiwan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Minotbob

Greeting All
I am living in Taiwan for another 409 days until I retire next year to home near Minot ND. I've woodworked for many years but I'm just getting into woodturning. Since I've lived overseas for the last 20 years my tools have been limited. About 5 years ago I bought a home in the country SE of Minot and have built and nice shop and have spent the last 4 years furnishing my shop while I have a real job.

You have a great forum here and I'm looking for to sucking up all of the knowledge I can.

Thanks
Bob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CSue

Local Chapter Leader

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Bob. I am in a similar situation as you. I am in Japan and have been here 24 years! I go home (NW Mississippi) in December of 2010 (14 months and counting)

Minot - I have some relatives in Mandan, just south of you. Been there and saw that BIG Cow - Can't remember if it is in Mandan or near there. (Maybe New Salem?)

I have a few tools here in Japan and most of them will be shipped back home. I had a Rikon Mini shipped here just over 3 years ago; before that I had a Taig that I used for pens. It sure is good to have an MT2 and all the options that are available.

Glad to have you here and there is a wealth of information available here.

Minotbob

There is so much information here I don't know where to start. I want to do so much. So for now I'll just continue my accumulation phase. I have all of the basic tools needed to start pen turning but want to try mandrel-less turning. Too many neat tools and so little money.

Top Bottom