Hi from Stuart VA near the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EdGallop41

Born and raised in VA Beach but retired from the Anchorage Police Department in Alaska. I plan to live out my tarnished brass (not golden) years near the Blue Ridge Parkway in Stuart VA. I am an old man but my doctor claimed I am the healthiest 74 year old patients he has ever had. I find my hobbies keep my mind off the aches and pains father time has provided. I tie fishing flies, reload ammo, carve animals/birds, turning canes and hiking sticks, but pen turning is new to me. I've only turned maybe 200 pens and gave most all to family and friends. At the rate I've been going I should have a nice collection to try and sell at the next local Apple Dumpling Festival. I hope to learn a lot from this forum and share what I can to help others. So far, pen turning is my favorite hobby. Thanks for having me.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ALA

And a big welcome from the big town of Bassett, Va William. I didn't know we had another local turner in the Ferrum area. :)

TimS124

Welcome aboard! There's a section around here somewhere for posting pictures of those other things you make. Carvings, canes, flies...they're all fair game for sharing.

With 200 pens under your belt, there should be plenty of pics to share as well. :)

triw51

My wife grew up in Hampton VA. Welcome from Az.
you have come to a great learning center with some experienced turners. I would have quit a long time ago if not for the support, encouragement and help I have received from this great bunch of folks!!

Top Bottom