Hi from somewhere south of Oklahoman city

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Artpick

I just had a 24x30 shop built last Sep. This last Jan I told the wife that after 32.5 years I have had it at work and I needed to retire ! She told me OK but get the tools you want for your shop first. I have wanted to try turning so I got a nova lathe. Man what a mistake that was lol now all I want to do is play on the lathe.

So it looks like I will retire in Dec.

Looks like this site has a lot of great information and being new to truning I need all the information I can get.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

studioseven

Welcome Art. Lawton is south of Oklahoma City. Met my wife there 43 years ago. My favorite place when I was in the service.

Seven

flyitfast

Welcome to the IAP from somewhere south of Oklahoma City (San Antonio TX)!! :biggrin:
Congratulations on the retirement decision and now it sounds like you are on the way to a new form of "work" called happiness.
Shop space sounds enviable - hope you can fill the space with lots of nice tools. Good choice on the lathe.
Gordon

OZturner

Welcome Art, from Sydney Australia.
Once you start Turning after Retirement, you will realize that you Don't have enough time for other Work,
Warning It is Addictive, and Burns Cheque Books up Rapidly.
Brian. (retired 17+ years)

RogerC

Welcome from Stillwater!

Welcome Art. Lawton is south of Oklahoma City. Met my wife there 43 years ago. My favorite place when I was in the service.

Seven
I grew up in Lawton. If it was your favorite place while in the service, you must've been to some pretty horrible places :rotfl:

D.Oliver

Welcome to the group. You've got the lathe and a shop. Sounds like you've got your retirement all planned out!

eharri446

Where is somewhere south of Oklahoma City. That is an awful big territory. My grand parents live on a farm outside of Blanchard.

Top Bottom