Hi from Rochester, NY

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NirvanaFan

Hi all!

I've been browsing for the past few months and finally decided to join up a while back. Everyone produces some amazing pens. I just started turning pens about a month ago. It's pretty addicting!

I'm turning on a Harbor Freight lathe. So far, it's acceptable. I'll upgrade eventually, but for now, it does the trick. I've spit out a couple bowls, a spindle to fix my grandmother's dining room chair, and about 15 pens now. I want to sell my turned creations eventually, and I think I'm just getting to that point.

This community is pretty awesome and there is a wealth of information on this site. Thanks everybody.

I'll leave you with my latest pen. It's a blaze acrylic cigar pen with black chrome hardware.

Attachments

• BlazeCigar1.jpg
    BlazeCigar1.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 83
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas, Joe.

That's a very nice pen - be sure to post a photo of it or another pen in the Show Off Your Pens (SOYP) forum in order to get into that forum's monthly drawing for a new member prize.

JimB

Welcome Joe. I am also in the Rochester, NY area! There is a great turning club here in Rochester, Fingerlakes Woodturners. We are a chapter of the AAW. The club meets monthly on the 3rd Thursday of the month. The next meeting is in September (we don't meet during the summer). Let me know if you want more info about the club or need any help with anything else.

magpens

A belated welcome to IAP !!!!!

I like that blaze acrylic pen blank .... where did you get it, please ?

Top Bottom