Hi from Pennsylvania

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mark

My name is Mark. I'm just getting into wood turning. I love your site. It's loaded with tons of great info.

I've got a lot of projects in mind. Just getting the necessary tools together.

I'll stay in touch and thanks for having me.

M

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Mark. This is a fun hobby, an enjoyable work and a money hole too! :biggrin: Glad to have you here. Join in the fun!

I am posting links to two threads/articles that have lots of information on pen turning. The first one is a very basic overview of the many aspects of getting into turning pens.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

The second link has postings by different pen turners and what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

Daniel

Welcome Mark, this is a fantastic group. Time spent doing your homework here will go a long long way to getting you to your first project faster, cheaper and with better finished results. A lot of the member pretty much live to provide answers to pretty much anything. I look forward to seeing some of your work.

RDH79

Welcome from the other end of the state. If you need to know about turning this is the place. Maybe I'll run into you sometime, Rich H.

Mark

I just finished reading the pdf file Getting Started in Penturning. That's a very interesting article. Thank you for the link. My wife is very interested and I'm hoping it becomes something we can do together. Unfortunately she is not interested in most of my other hobbies. But that's life....

Thank you for the warm Welcomes. I hope to get to know you all better, with time. My lathe should be here next week. The tools and accessories are ordered and should be in by this weekend. My Dad ordered me a ton of stuff from Woodcraft, that is most of my tool and blank order. I have a bunch of wood I've collected from work, over the past several days.

I'm picking up a Dust collector on Thursday as well as a new bandsaw. My old Belsaw drill press should work for now. That's an upgrade planned for down the road.

The lathe comes with a 10 inch tool rest, so I'm ordering a 4" and 6" in case I need them for the pen blanks. I've acquired three plastic containers for storing - cut and dry blanks. I've hermited away 20+ brown paper bags for storing fresh cut/found wood.

That's about it for now. I'm hoping it all arrives without any problems. I really want to get started...

Thanks again for having me. M

Mark

Thanks much. I'm still reading all the older posts.

WOW, I'll maybe be caught up by December.....:biggrin:

Top Bottom