Hi Pen Turners

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Inselaffe

I'd like to introduce myself.
My name is Mike Tingey, I am a professional woodturner living in Munich Germany. I am also a British national. I have been living now for over 30 years in Germany. I am an active member of the largest Geman woodturning forum (www. drechsler-forum.de) I have a workshop with 7 lathes the smallest being a Tyme Little Gem. Ideal for turning Pens, to a VB36 where I turn large bowls and vases. My biggest bowl is 4 feet in diameter made from Ash.
I give woodturning courses, and welcome anyone who would like to visit.
I have made a few pens but not many and I am now looking forward to making a few more! Like most of us "Woodys" I have thousands of offcuts that would make good pens and pencils.

I'm excited about reading more in your forum, and will be posting my first pen pictures shortly

all the best from Germany
Mike

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pentex

Mike, welcome from Texas. Spent some time in your country and it was beautiful. Even tried to talk my wife into moving there. Let us see some of your work.

igran7

Welcome aboard Mike. I lived in Germany for a few years, Fulda to be exact and abolutely loved it. Glad you could join us, I hope to see some of your pens soon.

drayman

welcome along mike, its nice to see another brit on here :biggrin: i spent 2 years in berlin 73-75. a fantastic country.

randyrls

I'd like to introduce myself.
My name is Mike Tingey, I am a professional woodturner living in Munich Germany.
Mike

Welcome Mike; I was privileged to visit Munich for a few weeks some years ago. I got to see and hear the Glockenspiel and visited the Museum (alas, I don't remember the name, but it had a large Sun clock on the front).

I got to go to Oberammergau and see "The Passion Play". I still remember that as good times.

Again, Welcome!

JimB

Welcome to the group Mike. My wife and I have a friends in Germany, about 2 hours from Munich. We visited for almost 2 weeks back several years ago. They took us all over the place. It was a great country with lots to see and do. We hope to make it back again.

Welcome to the group! Spent '69-'71 at a radio site about 30km west of Ulm/Neu-Ulm, and went to Munich many, many times (Concerts at Circus Krone). Also visited Schwabing quite often. And I STILL miss the good German Beer!

Top Bottom