Hi from Ontario, Canada!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hamadryad11

I've never actually made a pen. :redface:

Earlier this year, I started using fountain pens again, and when I joined the Fountain Pen Network, I discovered that there are not only other people who use them, there are people who make them, and how cool is that! As I saw pens that people had made, I started to get ideas of my own, and realised that I could do this too.

OK, I admit it... I saw these pen blanks that are made of cream-coloured acrylic with real coffee beans in it. That's what finally convinced me. I HAVE to make a pen that smells like coffee. :redface:

I saw people mention this forum as a good place to learn more about pen turning, and here I am. I figured this would be a good place to find out where to get started, and what to buy. I've convinced my dad to teach me how to use a lathe. Well, actually he shakes his head and thinks I'm weird when I talk about it, but I'm sure that if I show up at his place with a lathe and a mittful of tools he'll show me how to use them. :wink:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jkoehler

Welcome to the fun...
where abouts in Ontario do you live?
You have joined a great site. everyone here is more than willing to answer any questions you might have. also, do a search on the site as there is a wealth of knowledge already here.

hamadryad11

I'm from Kitchener. There seem to be a lot of fountain pen collectors/users in this area, but I don't know if there are any pen turners. It's nice to see other Ontarions here.

Thanks for the welcome!

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Just butting in here, spent a year in Dryden, in the mid '60's. The longest week I ever spent in my life was the day I visited Kenora!:biggrin:

Welcome Silvia, I'm just a starter myself!

That's because you didn't go on the lake, I'd bet! :) Come on up again, and I'll guarantee you some good fishing; that's Kenora's main advantage...that, and remoteness!

And my condolences for having to live in Dryden for a year! Ick!

wicook

Welcome, Silvia, from Alberta where it was a very sunny 32C today! Too hot for my liking...so I spent most of the day in the basement...unfortunately, though, no shop time. Just had to catch up after being away for 3 weeks.

bad

Welcome from a member who is formerly from Ontario. Now a proud Albertan. I haven't seen these coffee bean pen blanks yet. Where do you get them from?

Bruce

Top Bottom