Hi from Oklahoma

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Oidar

My name is Gene and I live in Oklahoma City.

I've done a little turning here and there since I was a kid, but I still have much to learn.

My wife sent me to a pen turning class at my local Woodcraft Store for Christmas, and I think I'm hooked.

I've got a Shopsmith 520, and I just picked up a new Grizzly Mini Lathe.

Thanks to Paul in OKC for inviting me to join.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Gene, a big welcome from your neighbor to the east, hope you join our Oklahoma Social group. I think we might plan a get together of all us Okies in March here at my place be great to have you join us.

OKLAHOMAN

Hey, Tim and Paul all we need now is an other hundred or two and we'll catch up to those pesky Texans.

tim self

Roy, those pesky Texans need all those folks to keep up with the quality of our work.. Remember, quality, not quantity.

Plus, if we had that many, we couldn't fit in your shed!

Last edited:

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome! Hang on to Paul, He has a wealth of information himself!

Below is a link to PDF file in the Library Manager's folder - that gives a general overview of pen turning tools and methods. Hope it helps. There are a few minor misleadings in it :redface: (I wrote it) that will be cleared up later - after the Birthday Bash. But it is help for getting started and seeing the big picture.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

JDenney

Welcome Gene! You will have the opportunity to learn tons here. You really should make an effort to go to the next get together we have, I learned more in an afternoon than I had in a year by myself.

les-smith

Howdy Gene, Good to see another oklahoman come onboard. Soon we'll be out numbering these folks. jp_white (jeff) uses a shopsmith, so if you end up having any questions about turning pens with it he'd be a good guy to ask. He's really getting good. I live close by so if you every have any questions or need some help let me know, I'd be glad to help.

Top Bottom