Hi! New member from California

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jamespz03

Hello everyone,

I have just started on the pen making journey after having purchased a midi lathe and tools. I've only made about 5 pens and now I'm looking to make some cigar stands as well.

I've always loved wood working, and working with my hands in general, and so far I'm loving it. My education so far is Youtube but I prefer the personal aspect to the hobby. Hopefully there are some members near me, San Diego, that are willing to meet and turn together. If not, I hope you don't mind if I pick your brains for any answers I can't find from searches.

Thanks for having me.

James

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rockb

Hi James, we're almost neighbors...Redding, CA...way up on the north end..........only 10 hours away. ; ) Everything you want to know about pen turning is here and lots of guys who are willing and able to help. Welcome...

Jamespz03

Thank you for the welcomes everyone.

Hi James! Welcome from Bonsall (northern SD county) -- I'd love to get together sometime.

Sounds good and hopefully we can figure something out. Thanks for the welcome.

Hi James, we're almost neighbors...Redding, CA...way up on the north end..........only 10 hours away. ; ) Everything you want to know about pen turning is here and lots of guys who are willing and able to help. Welcome...

Hi! Thanks for the welcome. My daughter currently lives in Chico and I'll be up there for her bday next month. Glad to hear you didn't get swept away from the damn issues in Oroville?! :)

RobS

Welcome form Oceanside, there are several So. Cal turners. Make sure to attend the San Diego county fair and check out the wood working area.

Top Bottom