Hi From Nebraska

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ne. Gary

Just a quick intro. I have been following the forum for a while now, and decided that it was time to join. I am fairly new to pen turning. I have done about a dozen or so, with fair results. Still have a long way to go. I have been turning bowls for a couple years, but my main thing is designing and building furniture. I really like that pen turning is a lot less expensive, and you get to see your results much quicker. If I actually get something done that is more than decent, I will post some pictures. Till then I will just follow along the forums, and try to learn something.
Gary

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Gary. I have been turning pens for 4 years and tried a bowl and a lid today. So I am going the other way from you. But I will stay with pens as my main relaxation.

Below is a link to a PDF file on some of the ins and outs of pen turning. It is a general overview of many aspects of tools, pens and finishes; (it does not go into detail). You probably are past most of it, but there might be some things there that will be helpful.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Wild Turkey

Welcome Gary. I too used to do a lot of flat work, no more pens is now the way for me. Help is just a few words away from these great people here in the IAP if you need it.

artistwood

welcome from bloomington, indiana gary. you have found the secret hiding place for the best people in the world....welcome aboard!...............bear

CaptG

Hi Gary, My dad and brother both live in Big Springs, west of you a ways. I go out every Fall to visit for a week or so and pass right thru Grand Island.

dankc908

Welcome Gary. Where in Nebraska? I live in Council Bluffs, IA (Omaha is our largest suburb). Born in North Platte and have lived in various places in Central/Western NE. I, too, am a pen turner newbie.

Top Bottom