Hi, from NE Oklahoma

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimMc7

Hi, newbie turner and pen turner in particular saying hello. I'm retired with woodworking as my main hobby and turned my 1st pen May 2. Seems like I need a "fix" 2-3 times a day now -- illegal drugs may be cheaper :)!

Off to read all the "new guy" stuff but wanted to say hello.

Getting a bit better with each one but still a lot to learn. Photo is of recent pens I'm going to give as introduction gifts to the "inlaws-to-be" when we meet later this week.

Attachments

• IMG_3681.jpg
    IMG_3681.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 131
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Jim! Looks like you got of to a great start!

I am including a link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not in detail or comprehensive but a good overview for pen turning. Hope it helps.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Also included below is a link to a new post that gives some information that people wished they had known earlier in pen turning. Some good information by those that make pens.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

OKLAHOMAN

Jim. welcome from Central Oklahoma, now all we need is a couple of hundred more to catch up to those pesky neighbors across the Red River.:biggrin:
Great looking pens.

markgum

Welcome to the fun. Great looking pens. Looks like you can share tips and tricks with us. I have family in Red Rock OK area.

Rollerbob

Jim. welcome from Central Oklahoma, now all we need is a couple of hundred more to catch up to those pesky neighbors across the Red River.:biggrin:
Great looking pens.
EASY!:biggrin:................Welcome Jim from one of thousands of your pen turning, most creative, couldn't do without us, Red River neighbors!!:wink:

TomW

Great looking pens.

Great looking pens! Must be good in-laws-to-be...

Welcome from (pesky) Baja Oklahoma.

Tom

NascarBowl

Welcome Jim, I am fairly new to this site also. Great bunch of people on this site. Lots of information. I am glad you are here and I am glad I found this site also.

Gene in Georgia

seawolf

Welcome Jim
I am in Tulsa so if you want to talk email me your info. This site is great and the people are very helpful.
Mark

Top Bottom