Hi from Minnesota

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nwbass

Greetings,
Wanted to say hi and thanks, I have been lurking around here for a while now. I have picked up many tips from the forum members. I am new to this pen making thing, but I am afraid I am hooked.
I live in the sticks on a property my wife and I bought in 2007. I have always enjoyed working with wood and I was able to get my shop when we bought our place.

Not sure if I am supposed to post here but I just finished pen #7 and #8. I have an interesting story about the Whitetail antler bolts (#2 & #3). We have a large herd of deer that winter in our back property and they come down to the house every evening to see if there are any treats. The buck in this picture is where the blanks came from. This picture was taken off our deck. We found his right side antler as a shed early this spring. One of the bolts is a little bulbous, but I wanted to keep some "bark" on.

The Sierra (from Ed) is a found walnut burl, well cactus juiced in my home brew vacuum chamber (Thanks Curtis). It is a CA finish. I did it as practice for two Breast Cancer Awareness inlays I purchased from Ed. The other one is a Patrizio with a Lava Bright blank. Kinda different I guess.

I am open to C & C, but remember they are only phone camera pics for now.

I wonder what would happen if I put the BCA inlay pens in the juice?

Anyway, glad to be a member and hope to do more soon.

Joe

Attachments

• 2013 pen deer.jpg
    2013 pen deer.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 158
  • backyard deer.jpg
    backyard deer.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 147
  • Patrizio and sierra.jpg
    Patrizio and sierra.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 151
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sub Vet 10

Welcome, from the Star of the South :)

Nice looking finds.
I think leaving the bark on was a nice touch: they're your pens, so there's no wrong answer. I particularly like the black enamel (?) bolt action.

Top Bottom