Hi from maryland

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi all, my name is vincent bomba and my company is Artisan Iron Designs. I am a disabled vet who loves blacksmithing, have been since the 80's and just last year started playing with Damascus. I wanted to make things other than knives so i am making rings, pens, wine stoppers, cork screws, cuff links , and other jewelry. here is the first round of pens. I make my own Damascus and heat treat in house. I use a 1945 9" south bend and a 1957 13" south bend to turn the blanks then use brownells nitre bluing salts to temper the colour in them. please feel free to ask me any thing about my process. I am currently making a how to dvd and writing a book on this wonderful hobby/ business

Attachments

• IMG_20160926_125703694.jpg
    IMG_20160926_125703694.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 184
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

liljohn1368

Welcome from Mississippi, Vincent. That is a really nice looking set of pens... Don't forget to post them in the show off your pens forum to be entered in the drawing for this month..

magpens

Welcome to IAP, Vincent !!!! . Oh, how I wish I knew how to make pens like yours !!!!!

They are superb !!!!!

thank you all for the warm welcome, I am a blacksmith by trade and an engineer by U.S. Army standards. I just found the shop forum so will post some pics of my shop which includes a 9" and 13" south bend lathes, wells index mill, a 125 ton pres, 5 forges, power hammers, twisting machines, hydrolic band saws, and more hand tools than you can shake a stick at. I am really digging this forum thx again and I hope to be a valued member

Charlie_W

thank you all for the warm welcome, I am a blacksmith by trade and an engineer by U.S. Army standards. I just found the shop forum so will post some pics of my shop which includes a 9" and 13" south bend lathes, wells index mill, a 125 ton pres, 5 forges, power hammers, twisting machines, hydrolic band saws, and more hand tools than you can shake a stick at. I am really digging this forum thx again and I hope to be a valued member

Looking forward to the shop tour Vincent!

What part of MD are you located?

Last edited:

Looking forward to the shop tour Vincent!

What part of MD are you located?
I'm in the town of North East the tip of the Chesapeake bay

Top Bottom