Hi, I'm addicted.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JUICEDSS

My name is Butch.

So yes, here I am. A few weeks ago, I made the "mistake" of stopping at Rockler with my wife. I usually build furniture and general carpentry type things. Never touched a lathe.

My wife was very interested in the pretty colored blocks of wood. She sai "you should make pens".

I then went to PSI and went crazy. I've sold a dozen pens in the last 4 days.

This madness needs to stop!! LOL

I look forward to learning all I can.

Attachments

• IMG_0470.jpg
    IMG_0470.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0478.jpg
    IMG_0478.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0509.jpg
    IMG_0509.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 170
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turncrazy43

Welcome to the addiction Butch. You seem to be going in the right direction. Congrats on selling pens at the beginning of your addition.

Turncrazy43

stonepecker

Just wait till you want to upgrade that lathe. Don't tell the wife......DAMHIKT

Beautiful looking pens. Happy you are selling them. That is part of what feeds the addiction. Remember, there are all kinds of things you can make on that lather. Bottle stoppers, seam rippers, planting sticks (for the gardeners), etc.......

Welcome to the IAP..........we can help. Just open your penpal account and get ready to spend the kid's inheritance.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
HA HA!! We have you now!!! Welcome! Remember, You don't NEED to have every gizmo for your lathe or every lathe tool ever made, but it sure is fun!!

Rick_G

Welcome to the addiction Butch.

HA HA!! We have you now!!! Welcome! Remember, You don't NEED to have every gizmo for your lathe or every lathe tool ever made, but it sure is fun!!

Not sure what is meant by that statement, of course you" have" to have them. If you don't "have" to have them you'll never get the purchase ok'd by your wife. :)

Woodchipper

Welcome to the forum. You are now trapped in a vortex from which there is no escape. mbroberg in not entirely correct. The one who dies with the most woodturning gizmos and gadgets.......wins! :highfive:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hi Butch.

I give my respects to your former life. I fear you are doomed as many of the rest of us. No, it will not get better; No you have a slim chance of recovering; but you might as well enjoy the ride :tongue:!

Have FUN!

(Oh, Welcome to IAP!)

leehljp

Member Liaison
Reading your Rockler's experience - i.e. the line about your wife:
"My wife was very interested in the pretty colored blocks of wood. She sai "you should make pens".

I immediately thought of the comcast commercial we have regularly here in the mid south: "Words have consequences, young man!"

She just gave you carte blanche!

Enjoy this madness!

Top Bottom