HI from GA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

handplane

I made a couple of posts but thought I would introduce myself formally.

I currently live in Pooler, GA. About 10 miles west of Savannah. Turning pens is new to me but I've been a woodworker since I was old enough to walk. I'll post pictures of the pens I've done so far, all slimlines, but I'm rapidly branching out from there. I've only done 3 so far and already have people wanting to buy them. My wife's friend even offered to trade her Mont Blanc for one of them.

I know I'll have questions so please bear with me. Casting is something I plan to try along with segmented work. I've done a segmented bowl that did not turn out like I like but the wife kept it anyway. It's all an adventure.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

My wife's friend even offered to trade her Mont Blanc for one of them.

I'd take her up on that just for the novelty alone, but keep in mind; If you turn pens that take a Parker refill, you can buy Mont Blanc refills at Office Depot

hewunch

Welcome from the Upstate of SC. We usually vacation in Hilton Head each Feb. And have done several trips to Savannah. Nice area of the country.

handplane

Thanks to all. I have found that of all the forums I'm on here and AAW are the friendliest and most helpful.

And yes, this is an addiction. My wife particularly loves the Cancun blanks that I have shown her. She loves pens and paper, especially paper. We have a closet full of stationary. My pen collection is not far behind.

Daniel

Welcome Paul, as others have said, I woudl go for that Mont Blanc trade. it is amazing how it helps sell your pens when you can hand a customer what is supposed to be one of the best pens out there to compare it to. I keep a Mont Blanc on my display at craft shows.

Top Bottom