hi everyone from mackay australia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aussieturner

hi everyone have decided to join this forum i am also on the aussie forum some of you guys are also on ours i like to make a variety of pens from the basic to serrias and sometimes something i enjoy using and sourcing timber from all over australia and overseas ( so many timbers so little time ) as well as the acrylics heres a couple of serrias i knocked up last week both timbers are from australia one is mackay cedar or red sirus (the dark one ) and the other is conkerberry ( the orange one )

thanks troy

Attachments

• mky cedar and conkerberry.jpg
    mky cedar and conkerberry.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 109
  • mackay cedar  or red sirus.jpg
    mackay cedar or red sirus.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 114
  • conkerberry.jpg
    conkerberry.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 102
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

markgum

Good day
welcome to the fun. Those are great looking pens. I will have to keep my eye out for some of that Red Sirus. that is AWESOME

TowMater

Welcome to the forum Troy, nice looking pens.

I spent a couple of weeks in your fair city back in 1987. Tons of fun there mate. Met up with a nice fella who took me out hunting Roo's for a couple of days.

I hope to bring my lovely bride over for a visit some day as it was my favorite stop whilst I was in the service.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Troy, from Japan.

Below is a link to a PDF file that gives a general overview of tools, methods, pens and options that might be helpful in making pens. It does not go into detail of the many aspects at all, but just gives a general overview and options. You don't need this since you have been turning for a while, but I did not want to leave you out. I do post this link for others new to this forum, and if nothing else, it will provide a little reading.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Top Bottom