Hi everyone......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

railrider1920

Hi Folks,
I found this site one day last week. I've been reading some of the posts on different pages. Great stuff. Figured that I'd join up, ask a bunch of questions, make some shavings and show off anything I make that doesn't come apart. Does that sound ok with everyone?:D

Seriously, I'm looking for some direction and hoping that I can get a bunch of it here. I had been thinking about getting a lath, but not seriously. Then my wife mentioned getting one. Figured I'd get one from HF and try it out a little and see if we really got into it. So far I've turned half a dozen cylinders and a couple of things that almost resemble handles.

I live in NW Fla. I noticed that there are a couple of people here from this general area. I went to a woodturners guild meeting once out in Freeport. Just wondering if we had met there. I'm hoping to go again this sat.

Take care. Questions to follow.....
Rob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrc

Hi Rob, Good luck getting started, it's a hopeless adiction. The cheap lathes at HF you will NOT be happy with and you will go and buy a better one. Start with a better one, a Jet mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom