Hi from Dallas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Turningmimi

I too learned about IAP at a holiday craft fair this weekend. I meet a wonderful gentleman who shared info about your site. I am very interested in learning more about making my own segmented blanks but I am new to woodworking. Does any one have any suggestions about where to look on this site to get more info on segmented pen turning? I am SO excited to have found this site...you have some truly incredible pieces here to see.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

Welcome aboard Mimi! All the way from up here in Wichita Falls,TX! Click on the "Library" tab at the top of the forum(Blue tabs), and you will find tons of info

OldGrumpy

Welcome from way down south inEllis County. Check out the IAP Library and you will find all kinds of instrctional articles and videos. Warning -pen making is a very addictive hobby!

Ligget

Welcome from Scotland Pam, on the dark blue bar near top of page there is a search option, this is also a great tool for finding posts on segmenting!

Last edited:

Sataro

Welcome to IAP from Corsicana, TX. You will find lots of info here that will keep you reading for hours on end.

plano_harry

Hi Pam, welcome from Plano! We have a pretty good group of pen turners in the area. Up at the top of the page, click on local chapters, click on North Texas and on the right side of the heading bar your will see "Forum Tools" click that and "subscribe to forum". That way you will hear about any meetings or activities in the North Texas area. We meet about 4 times a year, usually at WoodWorld in Dallas.

The advanced search functions will turn up lots of threads about segmented pens - you can refine that to finished pens by searching only the "Show off your pens" forum. Good instructions in the Library as Seamus suggested. There is so much information here, if you become a "search master" you will rarely have to ask a question! :)

Harry

Sawdust46

Hey from McKInney. At first I thought you were talking about meeting me but when you described a "wonderful gentleman" I realized you meant someone else.

Did you do that casting yet? Did you look for the "quarter pen"? Your first responder may know a little about working with quarters.

Welcome aboard!

Turningmimi

I am referring to you! Thank you for giving me information to get on the site. No casting done yet but I am spending a couple hours each night reading through the library and looking at everyone's pens....you were absolutely correct when you described the site as addictive! Happy Thanksgiving!

Top Bottom