Hi from Bloomfield, IN

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

djwood1

I've been woodworking off and on for many years. I started turning pens for friends and family close to a year ago. Turning pens has absolutely become an addiction! I've been cruising around this site looking at some of the work IAP members have done and I am completely amazed. There is a whole lot of outstanding pens and ALL KINDS of info. I certainly have alot to learn and this site will be very helpful. I am glad I found you all and thanks!....Dave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome Dave ! Go check out the local forums (Indianapolis) We're working on setting up a meeting for the 31st . Would like to invite you to come.

artistwood

welcome Dave! i live just east of the monroe county airport in bloomington. i'll drop you a line next time i'm
making a late remc payment. :embarrassed: welcome aboard.............bear

rej19

Welcome from the far away city of Indianapolis. Like Chuck said check out the Indianapolis Chapter and try and make a meeting. Very informal and low key.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Dave! Glad to have you here. Post some picts of your work and join in the fun here.

I am including a link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not in detail but a good overview for pen turning. Hope it helps.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Also included below is a link to a new post that gives some information that people wished they had known earlier in pen turning. Some good information by those that make pens.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

djwood1

I'll certainly keep up with the Indy chapter and try and make a meeting in the near future. I posted a couple of pics in the members photo area. Anytime Bear, just give me a shout! Bloomfield address but really just south of little cincinatti.

Top Bottom