Hi from Australia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gloria

Hi from Australia and a very Happy New Year to all.

I recently bought a 2nd hand mini lathe and am loving learning all about it, 'naturally' everyone got a pen for Christmas. They were very happy with their pens but I could see much, much room for improvement - hence here I am!! So many little tricks and traps I have discovered and I daresay I have many more to discover!!.

I have spent the last couple of days watching You Tube videos trying to learn how the experts do it (also keeping inside out of the heat! ) I am not sure if I am more confused or more knowledgeable:befuddled:.:biggrin:.
Thanks for accepting me and I have been reading through the Library articles which are very informative and enjoying the posts. Now I am accepted I am hoping to be able to view the photos which have so far been denied me.

Cheers
Gloria

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mark

Hi Gloria. Welcome to the forum. You found the best place on the net for great advice and info on your hobby. Jump right in and enjoy...

ctubbs

Welcome Gloria, from far west Kentucky, to the addiction, sometimes referred to as the vortex. You mention that you have read some of the site, be sure to give the library a good bit of time. The link is at the top of the page. You will find an article called Library Index. This covers tutorials on about anything pen making you can think of. You will also notice that there are articles listed by year. Much good info there as well. When these fail to answer your questions, by all means post it here. I have never seen one go unanswered very long. You might also want to give this thread a good look. It has some very good info for the beginning pen turner; http://content.penturners.org/library/general_reference/Getting_started_in_pen_turning.pdf. Grab some wood, make some shavings and have fun all the while being safe.
There are several members from Australia here. You even have more than one of our cherished vendors there. Again, welcome.
Charles

Top Bottom