hi all

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

airrat

Keith I just blow mine off with the air compressor. As to the white patches I do not use blo with my CA anymore. Everyone's methods are slightly different.

What was the wood you were trying to use it on? Was it oily? If so that can produce the white/cloudy spot. Some might argue this but I think humidity has something to do with it as well, I have a tougher time with CA finishes when it gets humid.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome, Keith .. another newbie here.

That acrylic looks nice. The lines are clean, the media is subtle and understated. Class. can't wait to see the second one.

I've had the occasional problem with CA and white spots, but the nice thing is that you can sand it back and try again.

Any moisture that gets in between the coats can cause white spots (so I'm told) and since I started wiping with denatured alcohol between coats I haven't gotten the white spots again.

BUT .. that doesn't mean the alcohol was the cure. .. I don't do CA that much, so it could also be that the humidity changed since I had the problem.

Some people have told me that the accelerant can be a contributing factor. I'm not sure. I'm still relatively new at this.

Top Bottom