Hey, Ya'll!! South Georgia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrchip

I am absolutely brand spanking new to the world of turning and am interested in starting with pens. I have a shopsmith lathe that I am hoping will work (if anyone can tell me if I have to do any adaptations to it, I would appreciate it) for the process.
I live in South Georgia, little community called Quitman - about halfway between Valdosta and Thomasville. Anyone else down here that I may get some tips, help and communication with.
This will be a hobby since I am still a high school science teacher and soccer coach and have three grandkids living with us - not to mention being a choir director and a Gideon.
But, anyway, looking for info to start turning.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

triw51

Welcome from Arizona. This is a great bunch of folks and are more than willing to share information and help. I started last January and have asked many questions and have received encouragement and information.

RSQWhite

You can get most anything you want for the shop smith, and lots of things you don't want. Welcome to the madness from McKinney Tx.

It's only money.

Tim

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome from sunny Southern California! And welcome to the vortex. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. And there are lots of great articles in the Library.

Top Bottom