Hey there from Memphis

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

10ACTony

Hey everyone, Greetings from Memphis. I started looking into making pens a couple weeks ago and have since gone crazy. I got a Rikon mini-lathe with extension, started turning a few pens and key chains and am seriously hooked. There is an amazing amount of valuable and interesting information in these forums. Thanks to everyone for everything posted here. It has been of great help to me.

Is there something that I have to do to be part of IAP, or is the fact that I'm registered in these forums make me a member of IAP?

Thanks again for all the info. So much information to glean! I love it.
:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Hi Tony, Welcome from the swamp lands about 110 miles due west of you, Scenic Doth Leapwood, Formerly known as Lizard Lick until the 1930s
Ken Ferrell

ldb2000

Welcome Tony . You are now a member and to complete the process all you have to do is send all that welcome you 5 really sweet burl blanks and your membership will be complete ...... :eek::wink::biggrin: ..... just kidding , do allot of reading and remember "no pictures , it didn't happen" . Have fun !

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Hi Tony. Welcome from southern California!

I'm putting a few links in here for reference –
This link has postings by different pen turners on what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

This link tells of some "out of the box" tools/aids for pen turners http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66178

This one is a PDF on the acronyms used here. I am sure you know many but this will help with those you don't. http://content.penturners.org/articl...9/Acronyms.pdf

Ed1016

Hi from Piperton TN, just West of you

I just got into pen turning as well, about a month ago, and am hooked. I found this site around 5 this morning while surfing. Looks like a great forum, looking forward to being part of it.
Ed

leehljp

Member Liaison
I just got into pen turning as well, about a month ago, and am hooked. I found this site around 5 this morning while surfing. Looks like a great forum, looking forward to being part of it.
Ed

Ed,

I am just south of you - Tunica. I get to Memphis and out east fairly often. Just retired myself although I am about to go back to work again. Still I will be making pens and visting Memphis. Got lots of relatives in Southaven and some in G-town.

seamus7227

this is hilarious! How many of you reading this actually took the time to see when the original post was made?!...........................And then you replied, which is even better LMAO!!!

And to top it off, the original poster hasnt been on IAP in over a year, PRICELESS

Last edited:

leehljp

Member Liaison
this is hilarious! How many of you reading this actually took the time to see when the original post was made?!...........................And then you replied, which is even better LMAO!!!

And to top it off, the original poster hasnt been on IAP in over a year, PRICELESS

Yes, I read it, realized that the OP has been gone for a while, but to me it was better to reply to Ed here than start another thread to continue the welcome.

Last edited:

bitshird

Hi I'm not a new member but I had a heart attack then a year later another one olnly this time it was a bad one, I woke up with a stroke caused whew I came to from cryo trees that was 18 months ago now I'm kind of back' I looked at my lathe' and I almost tried to set up a pen blank but I don't reme Ber how tochuck it up_ this IPad is helping me quite a bit any way I,m back till the next major event happens

Top Bottom