Hey Man....From Nassau Bahamas!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

T53C

Hi there "Good People" of IAP…lend me your ears!

My name is Tony Claridge and I live in Nassau :island: Bahamas and for a few years now I've been toying with the idea of retiring and get into a craft business for our tourist market to supplement my disability stipend. :)

One of those craft ideas is "Pen Turning", and I've seen enough to know that with your help, I can learn this exquisite craft and turn pens using "Native" woods and other Recyclables'. :biggrin:

I also have some interesting ideas to experiment with but first of all tell me…are there any other Bahamian Pen Turners here in this esteemed place?

Anyway time to stop my "PROCRASTINATION" and get on with it. :rolleyes:

Many thanks for your assistance in advance! :cool:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gbpens

Welcome to the group! Make sure those "native woods" are dry before you try to make pens out of them. Green wood checks (cracks) and warps as it dries.

MarkD

Welcome from Pennsylvania.
I spent a wonderful day in your beautiful city a few years ago.

bobjackson

Passed Away Mar 5, 2020
In Memoriam
Welcome from northern Ohio. I've visited you Island several times. Last trip I stayed at Paradise Island and gave away a bunch of pens to the staff. They all loved them. You should do well there. Good luck.

T53C

Hi Bob and thanks too for the welcome!

Hey I've been to your site and see you have some NICE stuff!!!

Now you know where to find me when you return…as King Eric sings…"Once is not Enough"… and since you've been here before…sell some more pens and come back again, then give me a call and stop by to give me some pointers!

Thanks!

bruce119

Hey Tony

Glad to see you made here. Like I said there's tons of information. Be sure to check out the Library. This is one big happy family you will get a lot of help.

Bruce

T53C

Hey Man...Bruce I'm Happy to be here...did you get my reply on Sunday to your email?

Thanks again for the insight...I'm now putting together a shopping list and I'm writing JohnCNC about a qoute on some of his stuff!

Thanks again!

eldee

Welcome Tony! I'm not a Bahamian by birth, but I do have a few pens and a lot of family down there. I was married in Georgetown many years ago.

sumterdad

Welcome. I know several people that live there. A few of them work on the airports fire dept. and there are a few that go to church down there that have been to our church for meeting. They bring us conk and lobster when they come

They also own a resturant down there

Last edited:
Top Bottom