Hey, Gang, from Franklin, IN

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

Turning pens for about a month now. Bought HF big lathe (works great for me), Nova chuck, HF lathe chisels, 60 live center, drill chuck and gave it a shot.

Have now turned 20 pens, added pen plus jaws, went from left over super glue to one of each CA from Lowes to Stick Fast with Gardner spray. Also using Novus 3, Dr.'s Pen Polish, micro mesh in various combinations looking for the perfect finish.

Most exciting to date: learning the old beam from the family barn I am turning pens from for Christmas Gifts is American Chestnut and not Oak.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome from Southport/Beech Grove. I may be able to help with the finish. Although it's been a while since I've made a pen :biggrin: (weeks not years)

Woodchipper

Welcome to the forum and the Wonderful World of Pen Turning. Sounds like you are really jumping in with both feet.
Spent some time a couple of years ago in Franklin. Was impressed by the history there. Like to go back.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Welcome to IAP Mike:

Many, many, many years ago I lived in a house trailer in the middle of a corn field outside of Franklin, IN! I worked at New Castle State Hospital, and was waiting to get married and was working before graduate school at IU. Eventually I got a job at CPC Valle Vista Hospital (Greenwood), and everything fell into place. I hated that trailer, but the rent was cheap!

Glad to hear from you. Have FUN!

Top Bottom