Hey from Canberra,Australia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Delbs27

Hey everyone I'm from Canberra Australia and have been wood working for roughly 18months-2 years and have recently got into pen turning.

I've made a few slimlines which have just been practice and gone to family members but since then have moved onto jr gents and jr victors and sierras. Trying to get into casting as I really love the combinations one can come up with

Here is a photo of my most recent batch, I joined here as it came highly recommended from a fellow pen turner. Can't wait to get stuck into conversation about techniques and casting as I have really been bitten by this pen bug

Looking forward to chatting with you all and learning lots

Cheers
Nathan

image-1134231949.jpg

image-2662347173.jpg

image-1461194809.jpg

image-2473801745.jpg

image-1188202223.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Welcome Nathan, from Sydney Au.
Congratulations on quite a collection of pens,
I don't know if it is me, or the photographs, but at first glance the pens look like they have been on Steriods.
Yet the fit to the ends and centre bands looks great.
I don't know if it is the angle of the photograph, or has the image ratio been altered?
I would be pleased to hear comments from some of our great IAP photographers
Brian.

Delbs27

Welcome Nathan, from Sydney Au.
Congratulations on quite a collection of pens,
I don't know if it is me, or the photographs, but at first glance the pens look like they have been on Steriods.
Yet the fit to the ends and centre bands looks great.
I don't know if it is the angle of the photograph, or has the image ratio been altered?
I would be pleased to hear comments from some of our great IAP photographers
Brian.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome, I have only turned 13 or 14 pens so far and the photos are just of the most recent ones. I guess they do look a little on steroids but in person they are in proportion I promise :) the ends meet the caps except for the red one it was my first acrylic and was a little hit and miss

I'll continue to post any updates and new photos along the way.

I just had a pen turning session that I organized on. Another forum. Was a chance to meet other pen turners around Canberra and just enjoy each others company along with turning pens. A friend brought his bench mounted lathe and I was able to learn a new bunch of finishing techniques so it was a great success. Going to organize another one soon and will post photos :)

Top Bottom