Hello Y-All from Georgia!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Silvo

My name is Josh, IAP name Silvo. I live in Kingsland, GA just North of Jacksonville on the GA/FL border. I joined IAP in February and am absolutely crazy about the people, info, birthday bash, well everything! This is an awesome site.

I turn pens, bowls, vases, among other things.
I use a Jet 1642EVS lathe and a Jet VS1014 for my turnings.

I learned to turn way back in high school and 20 years later I picked it back up about a year ago and cannot stop.

I have learned a great deal already from this great site and great people.
Thanks for having me!

Silvo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Don Farr

Welcome Josh, Lots of good folks here and a wealth of information. BTW quite a few Georgia boys.:biggrin:

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Josh. Your previous turning experience will certainly be beneficial. In fact we expect some pen picts posting soon! :biggrin:

Below is a link to a PDF file that is just a lite overview of many of the aspects of pen turning as well as methods and finishes. You already are ahead of the curve on most of it but some might be helpful.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
SIR, welcome aboard, I just passed through kingsland over the weekend and would have given a shout if I had known, My mother is gravly ill in St. Vincent medical in jax so I go ever tine I am off from work, maybe next time ?

jedgerton

Josh,

Welcome from Austin Texas. I used to live in Florida and my family is still in South Carolina. I passed through your neck of the woods many times in my travels back a forth.

Let us see some of your work or let us know of any help you need!

John

Top Bottom