Hello from Western Michigan …

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MJCookSr

I would like to introduce myself to the forum, my name is Mike, I live in the Western Michigan area, in the small town of Rockford. I am retired and I have enjoyed working with wood for a few years and decided to get a little more involved with it in retirement. I turned my first pen last summer when the local Woodcraft in Grand Rapids had a "Turn a Pen for Our Troops" day. I turned two pens that day and I was bitten by the pen bug. I have turned approximately 12 pens sense, but I have a very long ways to go on improvement.

:handshake:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hubert H

Welcome, We lived in Holton, MI some years back. I'm sure you will enjoy this site if you keep turning pens. Best of pen turning to you.

John Smith

Welcome Mike. I live in Lowell. Not too far away. I belong to a local turning club in Grand Rapids. We meet the third saturday of the month. If you would like more info please contact me. And once again, welcome to the site.

John

robutacion

I would like to introduce myself to the forum, my name is Mike, I live in the Western Michigan area, in the small town of Rockford. I am retired and I have enjoyed working with wood for a few years and decided to get a little more involved with it in retirement. I turned my first pen last summer when the local Woodcraft in Grand Rapids had a "Turn a Pen for Our Troops" day. I turned two pens that day and I was bitten by the pen bug. I have turned approximately 12 pens sense, but I have a very long ways to go on improvement. :handshake:

Welcome to IAP, from the land of the kangaroos...!

Well, I had to highlight your last sentence and expend a little on it, you see, no one here knows it all however, there are a "few" that are well in front/more advanced of/than others but, that is OK, we all started the same way...!

You certainly couldn't have found a better place to learn, the guys and gals here are very cluey and don't mind to share what they've learn, pretty much like what we call here, "pay its forwards", you re-tribute was once was given to you...!

Another thing I should make you aware of, we all like lots of pictures and up here we have a say "no pics, didn't happen...!":wink::biggrin:

Good luck.

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Top Bottom