Hello From West Texas!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tufftoy

Hi, my name is Scott, and I'm so new to pen turning that I don't even have a lathe or tools! I sold all of my woodworking tools prior to my retirement from the Air Force last May, due to housing issues where I live. I'm very excited to get started, I've been a woodworker for sometime now, just never owned a lathe. I've been researching lathes and all associated tools for sometime, and I think that I've settled on a Delta 46-460. May be too much to start out with, but I don't really want to upgrade in the future. Thoughts?

Glad to be here, and see you in the Forums!
Scott

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ironman123

Hello From West Texas

Welcome Scott from West Texas. I am in Central Texas.

That is a good choice for the lathe.

Lots of good info on here and good people.

Ray

plano_harry

Howdy :cowboy: Scott, welcome from Plano! How far west?

IMHO - it would be hard to beat a Delta 46-460. I love mine, after starting on a Jet.

Harry

alamocdc

Welcome, Scott! You will not regret going the that Delta. My only question is why you would retire to Midland? I got out of there as quickly as I could! :wink:

The wife still has family there though.

Tufftoy

Welcome, Scott! You will not regret going the that Delta. My only question is why you would retire to Midland? I got out of there as quickly as I could! :wink:

I'm originally from the area (Crane), and landed a job, where else? but the oil field! Thanks for the welcome!

alamocdc

I'm originally from the area (Crane), and landed a job, where else? but the oil field! Thanks for the welcome!

I understand the oil field thing. I grew up "oil field trash" and moved around ALOT as a kid. Swore I would never work in the "patch", but nobody else was paying a living wage when I got out in '79. Got smart and used my GI Bill a few years later.

Top Bottom