Hello From West Georgia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

davinci27

Hello everybody! My names Ben, and I'm from Franklin Georgia. Franklin is about 45 minutes outside of Atlanta. I'm a complete beginner at turning anything.

I've always wanted to turn pens but never bought the stuff to get started. My wife and I were at an arts and crafts fair recently and once again I started talking about wanting to make pens. My wife told me to shut up and buy a lathe so I did. So far I love it. I just finished a pen from a blank I actually cut from a raw piece of wood and I put on my first attempt at a CA finish.

This forum has been a great source of information, and I just want to say thanks to everybody. I also uploaded a couple of pen pictures as well, so feel free to jump over to the show your pens topic and take a look.

Thanks
Ben

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ronhampton

hi neighbor, welcome aboard from another georgian.i live just down the road. be careful,because it can get rather expensive:eek:i just bought a chuck that cost as much as my lathe:eek:---take care,--- ron---:biggrin:

Fred

Ben, Welcome to the Forum from yet another Georgian. Glad to have you with us! :biggrin:

I agree with the others in saying you first pens look to be very well made and finished. You definitely need to keep them and compare to your future works. :wink:

dkarcher

Yep! That's how I got started. LOML got sick and tired of me saying I would like to make pens. She made me by a lathe! :cool: :wink:.
So far, since April, I have been responsible for all the birthday gifts and Christmas gifts coming up this year. Count is now about 40 pens and miscellaneous other items.
Anyway, welcome to the forum from S. Central Illinois. This is a great bunch of people that I continue to learn from and I am sure you will too!

Top Bottom