Hello from West Chester, Pa

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Billd62

Hi everyone, I have been observing for a while now and figured it was time to join and introduce myself. I started turning pens a few years ago and enjoy it alot. I'm a contractor by trade. Some of the pens I've seen on here are amazing. I would love to try casting my own blanks some day, but until then I'll have to stick to turning the scraps of wood and Corian I have gathered over the last couple of years. Looking forward to making new friends.

Attachments

• Aspen pen.jpg
    Aspen pen.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 103
  • Laminated Corian pen.jpg
    Laminated Corian pen.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 106
  • Wood look Corian - green accent.jpg
    Wood look Corian - green accent.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 99
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Moosewatcher

Welcome Bill

Welcome Bill. AShaw is taking names of those who might like to form a Northeast chapter if your interested.

Ken
Horsham, PA

Hi everyone, I have been observing for a while now and figured it was time to join and introduce myself. I started turning pens a few years ago and enjoy it alot. I'm a contractor by trade. Some of the pens I've seen on here are amazing. I would love to try casting my own blanks some day, but until then I'll have to stick to turning the scraps of wood and Corian I have gathered over the last couple of years. Looking forward to making new friends.[/quote]

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Bill, all the way from Japan. Nice looking pens!

Since you have been turning pens for a while, you probably do not need the file linked below. However, I will include it 'just in case' something might be helpful. The PDF file that gives a general and concise overview of different tools, methods and ideas related to pen turning. There are a couple of small mistakes in it that hopefully can be corrected as soon after the Birthday Bash is over at the end of February.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

PostalBob

Welcome

Hi Bill from over in NJ. Nice pens. We live sort of close and if you are even in the area (Marlton) glad to have you over for some shop talk.
Tried my first casting this past week and lets say I think I might stay with the woods?
Take care.

Top Bottom