Hello from Warszawa/Poland: With credit to IAP.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ZbR

It was some months ago when I decided to make a fountain pen as a birthday gift. I knew nothing about pen making but fortunately I have some experience with tools since my job is antique restoration (I work with wood, metals and other natural materials). I started to look for some specific knowledge and IAP site popped out and I got stuck. I went through posts and library and learned a lot. I had to buy taps and dies (never before I used so big one), made holders for them. Since the only expectation for the pen was it to be blue I choose Lapis blue from British vendor. After deciding the overall form of the pen I bought Jowo nib to match it. The result you can see in the attached pictures. The first picture is "technical" (there is only one pen, picture is composed of two shots). The second picture is "in nature" with etui for the pen which I made of leathers salvaged from 19th c. furniture. In the third picture you can see the wider pen's end filled with golden insert with engraved initials and age. The other end has similar plain insert.
Whatever you think about this pen I would like you IAP Penturners to know that I consider you to be the co-authors of this pen. If not you and your efforts to share knowledge and experience I wouldn't complete this pen. Thank you very, very much.

Attachments

• pi.jpg
    pi.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 156
  • pi2.jpg
    pi2.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 141
  • pi3.jpg
    pi3.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 145
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Welcome to IAP !!!!! . I really like the style of your pen ... it is a beauty !!! Hope to see more of your work soon !

Charlie_W

Welcome from Virginia!

That is a super pen for being your first! Well done!
I like the overall design of the pen and also the pen sheath!

ZbR

Dear All,

Thank you very much for this warm welcome!
In fact I start to be addicted to pen turning what can bet a serious distraction to my normal job.

Zb

Last edited:

flyitfast

Welcome to IAP from San Antonio Texas.
What great pen to start your entry into pen turning. Someday I'll get going in "componentless" pens.
Well done!!!!
Keep up the good work..
Gordon

Welcome aboard

It was some months ago when I decided to make a fountain pen as a birthday gift. I knew nothing about pen making but fortunately I have some experience with tools since my job is antique restoration (I work with wood, metals and other natural materials). I started to look for some specific knowledge and IAP site popped out and I got stuck. I went through posts and library and learned a lot. I had to buy taps and dies (never before I used so big one), made holders for them. Since the only expectation for the pen was it to be blue I choose Lapis blue from British vendor. After deciding the overall form of the pen I bought Jowo nib to match it. The result you can see in the attached pictures. The first picture is "technical" (there is only one pen, picture is composed of two shots). The second picture is "in nature" with etui for the pen which I made of leathers salvaged from 19th c. furniture. In the third picture you can see the wider pen's end filled with golden insert with engraved initials and age. The other end has similar plain insert.
Whatever you think about this pen I would like you IAP Penturners to know that I consider you to be the co-authors of this pen. If not you and your efforts to share knowledge and experience I wouldn't complete this pen. Thank you very, very much.

It gets rough at times but its fun, and give me great pleasure.

Top Bottom